REIVERS GUN PLATOON
REIVERS GUN PLATOON
REIVERS GUN PLATOON
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SOCIAL MISFITS TEAM FORUM

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GUN REVIEWS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
paul k
Reiver
Reiver
paul k

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:02 am

TEAM GUN REVIEWS

Last edited by paul k on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikew1970
Reiver
Reiver
mikew1970

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:03 am

A&K SR25 full metal
the A&K SR25 is a nice looking gun and has a long range
it is well made and feels very solid the only thing about the build is the cheap plastic butt but you cannt have everything
it costs approx £170 which is cheap for what you get i have had only one major problem with it there was a small plastic cog in the gear box that came loose but was soon sorted out
the battery is store in the butt and is easy to put in and remove i have found that an 8.4 volt 2200 will last all day and i would recommend that size as the smaller batterys will rattle around and 3300ahm will fit but you have to remove the metal cover from the butt and it will just fit
it could be a little hot for some sites and be carefull on dusty sites as the air holes on the piston can get blocked and reduse the power also we have found that if the foam from the silencer is removed it increases the range
the whole of the barrel end of the gun is covered with ris rails so if attachments are your thing then there is more than enough room to fit them all
i have a scope fitted on mine and i think that the high weaver mounts are a must

if i had to give marks out of 10 i would give it a 9.5 a good gun too add to your collection

Last edited by mikew1970 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
paul k
Reiver
Reiver
paul k

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 am

A&K M60/E04 (PIGLET) AEG

BUILD - the gun is second to none in my eyes i have seen alot of guns at sites and i can say the M60 is up on there on the leaderboard with the most expensive guns. its well put together and has a solid feel when handled. the magazine was thrown together not much thought gone in to it. Very Happy

PRICE - the price of £350 seems to be alot of money for a gun but when you consider whats on the gun and against the other makes of the gun on the market its quite cheap Very Happy

RELIABILITY - the gun just works the only problem is the magazine the gun technician in the team has done some modifications on it to get maximum performance out of it, in which the problem is solved. just keep the gun clean and the gun will keep on working. make sure you check all screws and tighten up after use through the vibration of the gun everything starts coming loose. Very Happy

DOWNSIDE - magazine issues Sad

SUMMARY - overall a good gun to get for a support weapon get the magazine issue fixed and you've got a great gun for airsofting. the variable mosfet on it is immense, select between 400 to 800 rpm exceptional to have on a gun. Very Happy

SUPPLIED BY NO VAT COMBAT

Last edited by paul k on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
mikew1970
Reiver
Reiver
mikew1970

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am

A&K M60 Support weapon
It is a very good gun with a long range and has an justable rate of fire thanks to the mosfit it is very well made and heavy, you will know that you have been carrying it after an hour or two. It sounds great and always puts a smile on my face when i use it.
The only real thing that lets it down is the cheap and poorly designed box mag if you are un luck like me you will have to made another hole in the canvas bag to get the feed tube through straight, also the mag drops down because of the 2 velco straps that hold it to the gun our tec man has had to make an L bracket and bolted it to the gun to keep the mag up.
the box mag holds 3500 rounds and the battery slides in the end so there is alot weight hanging off 2 velcro straps also the feed tube from the box mag to the gun is like an uncovered spring design so dirt will get into the gun we have tryed to get over this by putting heat shrink over it but that makes it to big to get it through the hole to the gun and had to be removed.
In the bottom of the box mag there is a v section that the BBs goes through to the feed tube if there are to many BBs trying to get in then it jams which alway seams to happen in the middle of a fire fight.
my marks out of ten for this gun are 10 out of 10 but for the Box mag 4 out of 10 and they need to go back to the drawing board on it and have a bit more of a think once it is sorted it would be one of the best support guns out there
it costs approx £ 350 and worth every penny thank you No Vat combat for supplying it
Back to top Go down
mikew1970
Reiver
Reiver
mikew1970

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Galaxy MP5-K
mmmmm to start with have had a few problems with this gun from the start, i also know of 2 other people that have had the same trouble the BBs get stuck. our tec guy has found that there is bad seals in the piston and new seals had to bought to fix the problem and now everything works fine with this gun
i think you take pot luck whether you get a good or bad one
when it is working it is a handy little secondary gun if you use a sniper but depending on how you want to carry it, me i like it strapped to my leg but you will struggle to find a leg holser for it you may have to modify the MP5 to fit i had to trim the front little handle and remove the cocking lever which does not move when a battery is in to make it fit {upset our tec guy that }
it gives you a bit more fire power than a pistol and you dont have to worry about gassing up every 20 mins but batterys are hard to find as it will only take 1100 8.4v stick type another little niggle i have is the flip lid on the mags they are very loose and lift up very easlly and then all your BBs fall out i have to use a bit of tape on the spare mags but when you in a middle of a fire fight you have to remember to remove before you put the mag in
i would give this gun marks out of 10 only a 5 but i might revise the marks when its working right
got from action hobbies but i dont think it matters where you get it from it could be a dud
Back to top Go down
paul k
Reiver
Reiver
paul k

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:41 am

D-BOYS SCAR L AEG

BUILD - for a plastic and metal gun the build quality is exceptional only problem found with the gun was the stock loose but a quick tighten and the gun is good to go, i have stood on it at night games and not a crack or fracture in the bodywork of it, plenty of ris rails to hang all your gadgets. Very Happy

PRICE - i paid £130 for this and compared to other makes on the market it is quite cheap in comparison. Very Happy

RELIABLE - this gun has never let me down in a skirmish it just keeps on going, ive put a 8.4v 1500 mini in the gun and it lasts me all day i had a 5000 round box mag for it and the rate of fire with it was brill this was the first gun i got for airsofting and it will take some beating. Very Happy

DOWNSIDE - loose stock just needs a tighten.

SUMMARY - if you want to start airsofting i would recommend this gun to start with it just works, ive lent it to loads of different people and they've had no probs with it. Very Happy

SUPPLIED BY ACTION HOBBIES

Last edited by paul k on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:19 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ERN
Reiver
Reiver
ERN

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm

A&K M249 MK2 price £199 DEC 2008

Problems
Out of the box the hop didnt work, so cut a bit of clothes line and stripped the cord out of the middle of it and trimmed to length and that was put in instead of the original hop bucking, hop now works ok.
It is not a light gun but it is not as heavy as the real deal @ 9kg
The gun peformed well untill the trigger switch level wraped round the gears and had to pull the battery to stop the gun. Shortened the lever on the micro switchand now ok.
After @ 20,000 rounds the piston gave way due to the metal tooth plate been hardened all the way along the plate causing it to be brittle which also caused the spring to snap. New JG steel rack piston fitted and a 1 joule spring fitted under warranty all has been well since.
The mags are ok if they dont get knocked off the mount as the cable will snap off the microphone thus causing it not to feed on sound activation.

Build
The build quality of the gun is very good if not better than a more expensive gun of the same type. It feels solid and not too heavy but I like big guns.

Summary
This gun has seen some very hard action over the last year and is running without any problems. It fires at 310 FPS and 580 rounds per min the distance is amazing for a support weapon and every time I use it, it makes me have a big smile Very Happy GET ONE AND HAVE FUN

Since the gun has now fired @ 100,000 rounds I fitted an active breaking mosfet now the gun is in angry mode it fires still at 310 FPS but delivers a staggering 720 rounds per min and the mosfet does what it says on the tin. battery life is longer, it removes the heavy current off the trigger switch, it has a thermal cut out if the mosfets get hot,which will be due to a fault ie a short or gear box lock up.
The A&K M249 is now an awsome bit of kit keep it clean and it will perform, a must if you like a section support gun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Top T

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:00 pm

As soon as these came to our store, a couple of us got some sets, thinking of what kind of nasty things we could do to them. We bought some CO2 cartridges, then “tested” them out.

For those that don’t know, Thunder B grenades are live action grenades that use CO2 to cause the grenade to pop… loudly. There are two kits for purchase- a beginner pack and a player’s pack. Both kits come with a “core” and a few outer shells. Beginner pack has a core and 3 shells, a player back has a core and 12 shells.

The way it works- insert a CO2 cartridge into the grenade core. When safety pins are pulled, and the spoon is released, a “hammer” system slams into the top of the CO2 cartridge. The punctured cartridge quickly (about 4-6 seconds) fills up the hollow shell of the grenade to bursting point, then pops… loudly.

Afterwards, simply unscrew the core from inside the ruptured grenade shell, replace the spent CO2 cartridge, then screw on a new outer shell. Reset the hammer and safety pins, and go at it again.

As advertised, they are LOUD. And a bit of smart thinking went into the shell design as well. We wondered if the grenade actually exploded hard enough to send bits and pieces everywhere, but by design, there are seams that are meant to burst open. No flying debris.

Since the outer shell is hollow and the core fits inside, we wondered if we might make the grenade more “effective” by putting stuff inside the grenade shell. That way, when it burst, there might be secondary effects. We thought of putting baby powder into it, thinking there would be a big poofy cloud to go along with the loud bang. Unfortunately, it didn’t work at all. As the CO2 was released into the shell, it mixed up the baby powder, which then gummed up all the works within the core, not allowing the air to release as explosively as expected. The grenade just swelled up and fizzled.

Then we thought about putting bb’s inside the hollow shell. With the designed seam-burst, bb’s won’t come out as explosively (or in a wide pattern), like we thought.

Ultimately, after testing about 8 grenades, we came to realize the grenades function best when utilized without extra stuff. I also took 2 cores and 15 shells to a big op today to get some battlefield testing.

Pros- very loud, economical, safe, and quite the attention-getter.

Cons- couple things:
-The core must be kept clean at all times. After using the same core 3 times in a dusty field, when I attempted to use it again, it merely fizzled in the same manner it did when we put powder inside of it. Dust must have gummed up the inner workings of the core.
-Part of the core is plastic. A vital part. When you throw the grenade, the spoon is released and the hammer strikes the CO2 cartridge. That whole part is plastic and is vulnerable to breakage. When you throw the grenade, you run the risk of the top of the grenade (where the plastic part is) of breaking when it hits the ground. I took two grenades to an op, and one broke the first time I chucked it. There’s no way to fix it, so now I must purchase another set just to get another core.
-There is no way to purchase just the core. There are large packages to buy replacement outer shells, but no way to buy just the core.

Final verdict- I like these. Whenever one of my grenades went off, people 100 feet away knew it. After the second or third grenade went off, whenever people saw me chuck another grenade, they went running for the hills! Terrifying in its own right! VERY EFFECTIVE. And with the lessons learned, I’ll be sure to keep the cores clean and try not to break any more. If they could be made with aluminum cores, I’d gladly pay a few dollars more for a core that won’t break as easily, and will keep buying replacement shells (very cheap, by the way). Oh, I recommend tying some kind of bright streamer to this- when you throw it into heavy scrub, you run the risk of never finding it again. A bright streamer might help you locate it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Top T

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

This is a review of the Cybergun M1A1 Thompson and 1928 Chicago Typewriter. There seems to be a surge in popularity with these two guns (based on my retail experience), so I decided to put together a detailed review for the two of them.

A popular and economical gun, both of these models are available at both high-end airsoft retailers and sports/general stores.

An obvious pro is that these are both quite affordable. Depending on which store you buy from, they could be anywhere from $150 up to $250 or so, and in the airsoft world, that’s a pretty good price. Both come in a standard cardboard box and styrofoam, with a charger, magazine, and battery.

Another obvious pro is that this is a great replica of a legendary gun. WWII, 1930’s gangster, and general gun enthusiasts will be quite happy to have a functional Thompson in their inventory. I actually have both models. The M1A1 I upgraded for better performance, while the Typewriter I had signed by R Lee Ermey and it proudly sits in my “trophy” room.

Anyway, on with the review- The charger is the non-smart wall version which, left unsupervised, will ruin the battery. A non-smart charger will keep pumping juice into the battery, even past full capacity. This in turn damages the battery. I always recommend purchasing a smart charger, even if a gun comes with a standard wall charger.

The battery is pretty weak for this type of gun. It comes with an 8.4v 1100 mah mini. The battery box is located in the buttstock and can easily fit just about any battery type. I say go big or go home. Without any modification at all to the buttstock, I put a 9.6v 4200 cranestock battery in there. The 3-nacelle design works perfect to manipulating such a huge battery into the compartment, but it fits perfectly. The 9.6 dramatically increases the rate of fire and the 4200 mah capacity ensures I have fight enough for several days without recharging. Such a big battery comes with a steep cost, so battery selection is entirely up to the purchaser.

When I first bought my M1A1, it came with a low-cap, non-winding mag. I quickly went out and got myself a hi-cap so I could keep up with all the other shooters out there. But when I realized some events don’t allow hi-caps, I desperately searched for any mid-caps. To my shock, none existed. I then searched through TM products and found that the TM Thompson has low, mid and hi-caps, but to my continued disappointment, the TM mid-caps require winding (which still were not allowable in an organized event) and I had serious feed issues using TM mags with a Cybergun. Suffice to say, TM and Cybergun were not totally compatible. So, to my dismay, I could not use my Thompson as my primary weapon in an event that did not allow hi-caps. As for the 1928, it comes with a drum-style hi-cap- perfectly suited to the Typewriter as it replicates the Tommy Guns of the ‘30’s. Since both guns are Cybergun, you can easily swap out mags between the two guns with no issues at all. However, working for a major retailer, I did notice that a number of 1928’s and their hi-caps were coming in for maintenance. I was a bit worried about the product at first, but then noticed that the people who were bringing them in were obviously not taking care of their guns. As happens so many times (especially amongst the lesser experienced players) people were over-winding the hi-cap and drum mags, breaking them rather quickly, or just plain abusing their guns. One person brought his 1928 gun in pieces. We took it off his hands and now use it for spare parts. After I noticed the trend, and having long experience with my own M1A1, my faith in the 1928 was restored and I quickly bought one up. I may never use it in an op (since R Lee signed it), but it sure does look great.

Performance-wise, both are great guns, with a great rate of fire (once you move to a 9.6v). Ads on the box say 465 fps. Don’t buy into the hype. The manufacturer used a .12 bb. Using a .20 bb at chrono, the guns shoot a respectable 360-380+. As I got into more organized ops, and the limit was 410 fps with a .20 bb, I saw that if I installed a 120 spring, I could get the gun up to 400 fps. I also installed a tightbore (6.04), which greatly improved accuracy and range.

As I had the gearbox open, I was alarmed to see plastic bushings. As with anything plastic, especially bushings, they will wear out- crack, warp, or shatter- over time. When that happens, it could lead to bigger gear issues. When I first bought my Thompson (a few years ago), I was stuck with the plastic bushings. However, technology has caught up with this gun and now metal bushings are available. They are the same metal bushings that go in P90's- Version 6. Now I feel confident that my gun could last indefinitely (barring any unusual accidents).

Another feather in the Thompson’s cap is that it’s the only gun that can convert into the M41 Pulse Rifle kit. Obviously, this is a very specialized item, but it only works with the Thompson.

There’s also a real wood kit out there as well, which makes an already good gun into a thing of beauty.

Pros-
-Legendary Thompsons, in your hands, and being able to actually shoot at people (legally)!
-Very economic.
-Solid performance out of the box.
-All in one kit- charger, battery, sling, mag
-Even if you don’t use it, it’s just plain awesome as a trophy and it won’t break your wallet.

Cons-
-Need a better battery. 8.4v 1100 mah does not do this gun justice, but at least the gun comes with a battery.
-Replace plastic bushings with metal ones at first opportunity.
-Lack of any mid-caps and does not work very well with TM mags.
-Specialized type of gun. Not as popular as M4’s and AK’s, and there is little tactical gear support.

Final verdict. I like both guns and recommend buying them. They are cheap enough that new players can afford them, and for the more serious players, keep in mind there are some things you need to upgrade.

Back to top Go down
Top T

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

This is a review of the Classic Army QD M203 launcher (long version).

As with most airsofters, I have a pretty tight budget and buy things as I need them or can eventually afford them. At too many ops, I found myself running away from a “technical”, vehicle, robot, whatever… because I had no way of taking it out. I told myself I would one day get a grenade launcher and start giving some payback.

After some adequate research, I decided on the Classic Army QD M203 launcher and I chose the long version as it suited my purposes better.

At a relatively cheap price, this launcher is pretty economical and I’m satisfied with the high quality that I’ve come to expect from Classic Army. I’ve grown to have a healthy respect for Classic Army products and consider them to be priced accordingly. Some may argue otherwise, but for this grenade launcher, I really like the price and the quality.

I chose the long version because I plan to launch rockets out of it. A short barrel will not allow the long range and accuracy, so I quickly dismissed the idea. However, if you are looking for a good launcher and don’t care about launching rockets, then the short version is just as good (and a bit lighter and less bulky as well).

Simply having a good grenade launcher is not enough. The accessories really make firing a launcher a success or not. As I said, I plan to shoot only rockets from mine, but overall, there are a ton of grenades to choose from, depending on what you want to achieve, or how much you want to spend. Classic Army, Madbull, and others make full lines of good grenades to accompany this type of launcher, but the grenades can get quite expensive, so determine what grenade best suits you and go for it. As for me, my research (and interviews with more experienced veterans) have led me to conclude that the best grenade for my purposes is a Madbull XM-PB4. With it’s larger than average gas capacity (6x as much!!) and single, huge nozzle, the explosive power of this grenade is enough to send a NERF rocket out to almost 300 feet! In my research, I also discovered that Zocker Darts are even MORE EFFECTIVE and far-reaching than Nerfs, and can be cheaper as well. Downside to using this type of grenade is that Madbull PB4’s are very expensive. Luckily, I foresee myself only needing two, and arming myself with multiple rockets. Quickly refill those same two grenades and I can be a menace to vehicles and any troops who are silly enough to cluster together!

Obviously, the grenade launcher is big and bulky, but not overweight. If it’s too heavy for you, go to the gym. It’s not that bad, and if there comes a time when I don’t want it slung under my rifle, then I can remove it from the rail. Simple and easy.

Better than that, if there ever came a time when I wanted to run just the launcher, then I invested in the Echo1 Stand Alone Launcher. It’s product description “designed to provide a mounting point for your M203 that is separate from your main weapon. This Stand Lone M203 system is great for reducing weight on your main weapon, but still keeping the power of the M203 close at hand.” That pretty much says it all. If I want to run very light, or have it as a separate weapon system, this is the perfect Stand Alone system I’ve found, and like the grenade laucher, reasonably priced. A newer version of the launcher seems to advertise that it comes with an M4-style stock, making it a better platform to aim and fire grenades. It also has a convenient sling mount.

While this review covered more than just the grenade launcher, I purposely included many items that are essential to using the launcher to best effect.

As for the high costs that can accumulate with owning a grenade launcher, here’s what I do to offset such costs; for birthdays, holidays, or any other gift-giving occasion, I ask my wife, friends, and family members to all chip in and get me the one or two items that I truly desire, rather than give generic gifts that they hope I might like. Might sound a bit selfish, but if done with some tact, people should happily throw their money together and get the expensive items on your wish list.

Grenade launcher pros-
-Relatively economical
-Classic Army quality
-Rail connections
-Multiple grenade and rocket choices
-Changes dynamic of your playing, much more firepower in a compact weapon system

Cons-
-Requires any number of other items and products to make this an effective weapon
-High cost of grenades
-Can be bulky for some players

Back to top Go down
mikew1970
Reiver
Reiver
mikew1970

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Right this is my new baby from TM its the L96 AWS
it is a very good looking gun and feels sturdy. Ern has had it in bits and is very well made there are some very good changes made compared to the older model and the hop is a great idea it is on a dial just in front of the mag so changing hop in game is no problem. now for the down side of the coin it come as Jap spec so will not be above 350 FPS and mine is cronoing at 310 FPS so low for a sniper it has not been taken into the field yet to test the range on it and upgrading is a problem as well it's not just a case of replacing the spring OH no that would be to simple you have to change the hole inturnals, i phoned up zeroone and got a price back of over £400 to fully up grade so once i got up off the floor i started hunting on the web and finally after 2 hours i found a firm tntsniperproshop that did the full upgrade kit for around $184 =£120 which is a lot better than £400 also on the site { they are based in thailand]} is a fully upgraded TM L96 AWS for $997 about £600 ish so i have ordered the upgrade kit which will take it up to 500 FPS so finger crossed it will turn up and Ern can have a play and take it for a field test so i can do a before and after review but either way i will be doing a full review after the HFH in wales in june so watch this space

Update i have just had an email from TNTsniperpro the delivery charge is for 10 days and 4 days the 10 days is $7.50 =£5.00 and 4 days $34 = £22 which i think is very good
UPDATE
i paid for the upto 10 days postage and it was delivered to my home 4 days later so there is no problem with delivery and i was email by them with the tracking number as soon as it was posted there was 1 little problem tho the warehouse boy forgot to put 1 bit in so they have sent that bit out a day later so it should be here today or tuesday as we have the bank hol i would deff use them again [as long as theres no problem fitting it all ]

well the missing bit has turned up today so will hopefully go round erns on sunday to let the doctor do his stuff lol Very Happy

right all done fits well and sounds good when fired cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GUN REVIEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUN REVIEWS   GUN REVIEWS Empty

Back to top Go down

GUN REVIEWS
Page 1 of 1